Our highest priority at Joanne Hudson Basics is to create the most optimal and safe experience for our consumers in every way. We wanted to provide this as a resource and to address some growing concerns over the spreading of COVID-19 and shipments being sent through the global supply chain.
According to the CDC:
- There is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures
- Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by respiratory droplets
- Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with imported goods
- There have not been any cases of COVID-19 in the United States associated with imported goods
What we are doing:
- Ensuring all surfaces, particularly those with high tough points are wiped down
- Increasing our schedule of sanitizing commonly touched surfaces
- Reinforcing our hand-washing policy to ensure all employees thoroughly wash hands routinely
- Educating our employees on preventative measures provided by the CDC
- Distributing additional information to employees in with further details about COVID-19 and how to thwart the spread
- Discouraging all personal contact - including shaking hands
- Following CDC policy for employees showing symptoms of acute respiratory illness to stay home or seek medical care.
What we can all be doing:
- Washing hands frequently throughout the day for at least 20 seconds and use paper towels to dry
- Covering your nose and mouth when you sneeze or cough with a tissue
- Immediately disposing of tissues when used
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose or mouth
- Staying home when feeling sick
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
Be Safe and Wash your Hands.